Tips for travelers
Coffee Region Top Activities for Travelers
- Participate in traditional festivals: municipalities such as Circasia, Filandia and Quimbaya celebrate their festivals in August, such as the “fiesta de la libertad”, “fiesta del canasto”, among others.
- Paragliding: an activity to fly over the coffee cultural landscape in the municipality of Buenavista with certified pilots.
- Horseback riding: Live an incredible experience on a 3-hour ride through a cattle ranch located in La Tebaida, Quindío.
- La Vieja River Rafting Tour: a 5-hour rafting tour from Puerto Alejandría to Piedras de Moler on the tranquil La Vieja River.
- Canopy: Enjoy an incredible cable flight of more than 1,900 meters through aerial trails, located 10 minutes from Armenia to admire from the air the entire coffee landscape.
- Tour through the coffee culture: Recuca is a plan to venture through the coffee plantations and live the experience as a coffee picker while learning about the history of the area.
- See the illuminations of Quimbaya: a great show held on December 7 and 8 where, in addition to celebrating the day of the candles, the candles and lanterns contest is held every year.